How to Find the Best Dentists in Your Area
Plenty of qualified local dentists in Orlando are eager to gain your business and help you improve your dental health, but how do you know which one is the best fit for you and your family? Before finding a dentist in Orlando, understand the types of care available. A general or family dentist is designated as either a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD). Either can perform basic dental exams, routine diagnoses, and treatment and preventative care. You may also encounter specialized practitioners like orthodontists, periodontists, and endodontists. Many clinics also employ dental assistants, who are qualified to help during procedures and set up anesthesia, and dental hygienists, who perform dental cleanings. If you’re not sure what a particular dentist is qualified to do, don’t hesitate to ask.
12 Tips for Finding Qualified, Affordable Dentists
- Determine the length of time the dentist has been practicing.
- Ask about the dentist’s experience, education, and credentials, especially if you need specific types of dental care such as cosmetic or pediatric dentistry.
- Find out how the dentist refers patients when the work required exceeds their capabilities.
- Before making a commitment to a particular dentist, explore the available treatment options and procedures that would solve your dental problem, and compare which treatments are offered by different dentists.
- Ask the dentist if he or she participates in continuing education.
- Determine how the dentist handles after-hours and weekend emergencies.
- Ask what options are offered to improve patient comfort. Examples include conscious sedation, nitrous oxide, pre-medication, music, and heating pads.
- Ask the dentist if dental lasers or other advanced technologies are utilized at the practice.
- If you are considering cosmetic procedures, ask to view before-and-after photos of previous patients.
- Determine the costs of any treatments and procedures you may need; anesthesia and facility fees may be billed separately.
- Ask about payment options for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Visit or talk with the dentist’s staff. Choosing a dentist with a friendly, knowledgeable staff will improve your quality of care.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Orlando, call Advanced Dental Care of Orlando today at (407) 545-3810 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Orlando. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Orlando, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Orlando.