A Guide to Braces Care and Cost
You know that you or child need braces, but don’t know how you’re going to pay for them? Well, you’re not alone because many people struggle to afford orthodontic care. But here are tried-and-true tips to help you find affordable braces.
What Determines How Much Braces Cost?
When it comes to braces, the scariest question is usually, “How much do braces cost?” Well, total expenses will vary from patient to patient depending on the following three factors:
- Type of Treatment: Today, there are many choices in braces, and the type you pick can make them much more affordable. The least expensive option is traditional metal braces that are placed on the front of teeth, which are now smaller and more comfortable than ever. More discreet, and therefore more expensive, options include lingual braces hidden behind the teeth, tooth-colored ceramic braces, and even invisible braces.
- Timeframe: People typically need braces for around two years, but your needs and your age will affect the length of wear. Children often require shorter treatment, which means lower braces cost.
- Treatment Location: Where you get your braces will have a major effect on your total braces cost. Some big cities and certain states cause practices to have higher overhead, which gets passed on to patients.
Why Braces Are Worth the Cost
While braces cost quite bit, think about the health and personal advantages they offer. Braces can actually save you money if they prevent you or your child from facing the following issues:
- Chronic dental problems that can lead to other very serious medical conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, malnutrition, and more.
- Crooked or overcrowded teeth, which make it harder to keep teeth and gums healthy, causing additional dental problems and high expenses.
- An unattractive smile that can damage your or your child’s confidence.
Strategies for Affordable Braces
If you have dental insurance, it may surprise you to learn that it’s rarely sufficient to cover the cost of braces, or it only pays for braces for children or in cases of medical necessity. If your insurance doesn’t cover braces or you lack insurance, there are two ways to get affordable braces.
- DentRite® is a dental savings plan that offers significant savings on many dental procedures. It has membership options for families and individuals, as well as acceptance for everyone and limitless usage.
- CareCredit is a healthcare credit card that allows you to finance a number of health treatments. With exclusive financing options, convenient monthly payment plans, and acceptance by more than 175,000 national providers, it can be a very useful tool to make braces more affordable.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Orlando, call Advanced Dental Care of Orlando today at (407) 545-3810 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Orlando. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Orlando, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Orlando.